Product Care Tips to Get the Most from Your Printer Cartridges
Inkjet Printer Cartridge Care
Tips to Get the Most from Your Inkjet Printer Cartridges
We carry more than 150 different premium inks and toners. This will ensure that the ink we use to refill your empty inkjet cartridge works with the specifications of your printer and helps you produce high quality documents.
After we’ve refilled your cartridge, follow these tips to keep your printer and cartridges in top condition. This will help you continue to save money in the long run:
- Never let a cartridge run out of ink completely. Your inkjet will burn out if it continues to fire while the supply of ink is cut off. Always have a replacement cartridge on hand. If the cartridge is showing ‘empty,’ have it refilled or replaced immediately.
- The cartridge cannot be stored for an indefinite period.
- When lines and/or missing dots form on your text or graphics, it’s time to clean the printhead. Do not touch the copper plate on the printhead with your fingers. Use the printers cleaning cycle (refer to your printer manual). If this fails to clear the problem, call us at (804) 423-6628 for the best solution.
- Do not leave the cartridge in a hot car. This causes the ink to expand and leak.
- Keep color cartridges upright. The colors will cross contaminate if left on its side.
- After installing a new or refilled cartridge, print at least 2 test pages to settle the new cartridge.
Laser Toner Printer Cartridge Care
Tips to Getting the Most from Your Laser Printer Cartridges
Follow these tips to save money and keep your laser printer cartridge in top condition.
- Do not attempt to open the cartridge.
- Do not leave the cartridge in motor vehicles for any length of time, as even on a cool day the temperature can exceed safe levels. Doing so may distort the plastic in the cartridge.
- Store cartridges in normal room temperature.
- Some parts in these cartridges are light sensitive and can be damaged when exposed to excessive light.
- When empty, store your laser cartridge in its original plastic bag and cardboard box.
- When your cartridge is empty have it refilled as soon as possible.
Note: If your hands or clothes become stained with toner, wash them with lukewarm water and soap. For clothes, simply brush off outside in the open air. Do not wash toner-stained clothes in hot water as the toner will set into a permanent stain. Use cold water only.